We are used by the iPhone marketing that "There's an app for that", but are all the app useful and what are the advantages to use an app over a plain "old", standard, multiplatform HTML5 website? Here's the new Mashable App for Android.
Now some disadvantages you'll get with a this kind of application (on the right):
- You can't zoom in or out the font
- You can't select the text
- You can't see embedded YouTube videos!
- You'll have to update this app
- You'll have to maintain different apps for different platforms (android, iphone, blackberry, nokia, webos, bada, windows phone 7,..)
- The '&' symbol is not escaped correctly
Can somebody explain me why this apps exists?