Mashable and the Press Apps. There's an URL for that..
We are used by the iPhone marketing that "There's an app for that", but are all the app useful and what are the advantages to use an app over a plain "old", standard, multiplatform HTML5 website? Here's the new Mashable App for Android.
Now some disadvantages you'll get with a this kind of application (on the right):
- You can't zoom in or out the font
- You can't select the text
- You can't see embedded YouTube videos!
- You'll have to update this app
- You'll have to maintain different apps for different platforms (android, iphone, blackberry, nokia, webos, bada, windows phone 7,..)
- The '&' symbol is not escaped correctly
Can somebody explain me why this apps exists?