Here some unresolved, unconsidered, unfixed features that Windows 98 has and GNOME Desktop doesn't.
Gnome would like to be the most user friendly desktop but these are long-time user requested feature.. and some of them still dosn't have an answer on Bugzilla.
I don't say that the feature to "resize an icon" is useless but probably GNOME needs a better priority managing on usability issues.
Every week I see on Digg a "10 issues that GNOME.." news and many GNOME user are interesting about KDE4, that is coming,.. So corporations are important but also the userbase..
- to get a useful autocompletion in Nautilus location bar
- to have a compact list view
- select multiple files in a list view only with the mouse
- create a new file in a list view only with mouse
- to share a folder via it's own property dialog
- to have black font on the icon description on the desktop
- undo a move/rename action (#167501)
- to use ALT+F4 to close applications and desktop session
- to have a confirmation when you press CANC (#316807)
- drag and drop a shortcut into the application menu